Sunday, June 15, 2014

Amy LECHELT - I am more than happy to give my thumbs-up to the Paris Jazz Workshop!  Over-all, it was an exceptional experience and I left wanting more (if possible, I will take it again next year!)  Keri, Maja and Claudia provided such valuable information to be used as I continue to grow as a singer.  Such as, how to communicate with muscians properly (so you do not come off as a "complete-newbie"), basics of theory (so important!), song arrangement, microphone skill, the dfference in using charts vs. sheet music (and how to make your own charts!), breath control and exercises.  We also had the opportunity to practice with a few pianists, which is great as each pianist has his or her own style and valuable input.  And, finally, the opportunity to use our training in our final performance at a jazz club!  This is not a voice lessoon, but in my opinion, offers that which you don't get from your vocal coach.  Both, equally as important! - Amy LECHELT - Chicago, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment