Saturday, June 14, 2014

Carmen BODINO - I built up courage to take up the course, June 2014, at the Jazz Vocal Academy International as an excuse to return to the city that I love, Paris.

I hated jazz before Paris. But love is knowledge and knowledge I got from the Academy.
The different tools of learning gave me more exposure; the historic jazz walk through Black Montmarte, thrilling; and finally, performing at Cafe Universel with the trio instrumentalists, unforgettable. I have not stopped pursuing it since then. That experience brought me to attend other jazz workshops this year. It isn’t easy for me. Jazz is earned through life experience, I think. Life experience I have but not the ability to sing it. It is exciting to discover jazz "this late in my lifetime". There are no regrets, only moments of overwhelming information and freedom of self-expression. Besides, being in class with fellow Chicagoans and meeting French singers/musicians was real fun!

Thank you for creating the Academy and for inviting two other inspiring members of the faculty: Claudia Hommel and Maja Savic. - Carmen BODINO - Chicago, Illinois, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment